Eligibility Policies and Procedures
Application Policies and Procedures:
- Any public or private school in Palm Beach or Martin County is eligible to apply.
- Applications must be received in full, electronically, by the due date.
- Descriptions and documentation in the Application must address school activities and initiatives from the current school year, including those planned after the application due date. Ongoing activities from previous years may be included in the application if these activities are being maintained or are being expanded during the current year.
IMPORTANT UPDATE FOR 2020-21 SCHOOL YEAR
: The 2021 GSRP Report Form will replace both the standard GSRP Application and the abbreviated Green School of Excellence application (described below) for the 2020-21 school year. All 2020 Green Schools are eligible to extend their recognition status for an additional year (through 2020-21) pending their submission of 2021 GSRP Report Form, for which all policies listed above will continue to apply. All schools that submit the report will be eligible to apply for exclusive mini-grant opportunities in spring 2021, which will replace Judge's Choice Awards for 2020-21 program year.
Green Schools of Excellence Application Procedures:
- Schools that receive “Green School of Excellence” status may choose to submit a “Green Schools of Excellence Application,” which is an abbreviated application.
- Schools who submit this application are ineligible for cash awards (including top 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place awards, Judge’s Choice Awards, and individual awards).
- This abbreviated application may be submitted each year for a maximum of three years. After three years, a full GSRP Application must be submitted.
- Abbreviated applications are due on the same date as regular applications.
: Submission of 2021 GSRP Report Form this year will not count toward schools' three-year limit to submit abbreviated Green School of Excellence application.
Awards and Cash Prize Policies
- Checks for cash prizes are made out to schools, not individuals (with the exception of Green Teacher, Green Principal, Green Staff, and Green Student), and are mailed to schools after the Awards Presentation.
- After winning a first place cash award, a school is ineligible to win 1st, 2nd, or 3rd place cash awards for the next three years. During this time, in order for a school to maintain its School of Excellence status, it must submit either a full Application or an abbreviated “Green School of Excellence Application.” (By submitting a full Application, it does remain eligible for Judge's Choice and Individual Awards--see above.) Then, in the fourth year, the school again becomes eligible to receive top cash awards with the submission of a full Application.
: Exclusive mini-grant opportunities will replace Judge's Choice Awards for the 2020-21 program year. Top school awards (1st, 2nd, & 3rd place) will be suspended for this program year, but individual awards for Green Teacher, Principal, Student, and Facilities and Food Service Staff will continue to be recognized this year.
Listed below are previous 1st place winners and the year in which they will become eligible for top cash prizes.
Year Awarded School Year Eligible for Top Cash Awards
2017 Oxbridge Academy 2021
2018 A.D. Henderson/FAU High 2022
2019 Bridges Montessori 2023
2020 H.L. Johnson Elementary 2025