Who is eligible?
All public and private schools in Palm Beach and Martin Counties.
What are the benefits?
- Visibility as a model for sustainability in your community and among Palm Beach and Martin County schools
- Over $16,000 in cash prizes awarded annually to the top Green Schools
- Invitation to the Green Schools Awards Ceremony
- Award Banners and Certificates for all Green Schools
- Media recognition
- Exclusive Mini Grant Opportunities
What are the levels of Green School recognition?
The goal of this program is to recognize schools that have made efforts to create a culture of sustainability within their school environments. Schools will be judged on six categories and will be given points based on the Green Schools Rubric. Our program is based on the belief that going green is a journey, and that all green strides should be celebrated. To reflect this, there are three levels of recognition for a Green School:
School of Promise: A school that has scored 40-59 points and is taking the beginning steps to improve sustainability.
School of Quality: A school that has scored 60-79 points and is taking active strides in improving and maintaining sustainable practices.
School of Excellence: A school that has scored 80-100 points and shows the highest level of commitment to sustainability.
How can my school apply?
Before you can submit your application, someone from your school must attend a free Green Schools Workshop (this is mandatory for all applicants). The major components of the application, which can be found below, include:
- A cover sheet completed and signed by the principal, SAC chair (if applicable), and two lead teachers.
- Descriptions and documentation of your school’s green activities organized by six Green Schools' rubric categories.
- Six additional photo files.
For more information on the application process, please see the
How To Apply
When are the applications due?
2019-20 Applications are due on THURSDAY, MARCH 5, 2020
When will recognition be announced?
All schools will be notified of their status by FRIDAY, APRIL 17, 2020
Where can my school get help?
For information regarding the application process and the workshop please